Saturday, June 11, 2011

Leaning on the Lord!

Truly God is good, and all the time He is good! I think sometimes we look over the words over this phrase! God is the only one who is good(even Jesus said that), and from Him all good things come! At first when we got here we didn't have that many readers. It was easy to become disappointed because I wanted to have a full schedule right off the bat, but God's word reminded me of his faithfulness! I had people start praying for more readers, and we went out to the nearest McDonald's and university to recruit...and later that day we had more readers come in! I hate it when doubt enters my mind because I know that feeling is not from God! I was reading in my little book before bed that night, and it was talking about the promises and faithfulness of God! The verse for that day was Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." At the end of the page, it suggested this, "List why you believe God is trustworthy, focusing on his promises and past faithfulness. Reread the list anytime you need the courage to lean on him instead of on yourself." I did this, and it is an awesome thing to do! I challenge you to do the same because we all need refreshers on the awesome things of God, and his faithfulness is definitely a good one for the day and age we live in! Please keep praying for all God is doing through us here in Donetsk! I will try to update more often!

1 comment: