Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Gift? For Me?

So yesterday my brain was completely fried, and that made me feel tired! After the reading sessions were over for the day I decided to walk down to the river and spend some time with God! It's such a blessing to have a peaceful river in the middle of the city, and it's not far from the UBI at all! There were alot of people out walking that night because it had been raining all day! The weather was great because the rain had cooled things off quite a bit...I even needed a light jacket! I was enjoying people watching from everyone passing by; it's a fun hobby to have! It was starting to sprinkle a bit, and there was a huge black cloud coming over me! Then something completely unexpected happened! I saw two people out of the corner of my eye stop and point to the sky, and I looked up to see what they were pointing at! It was a beautiful, clear double rainbow! Wow-I was so excited to see this! After a hard day, God gave me a beautiful sign in the sky! I could not help but praise Him then and there! But I noticed something interesting that I have never noticed before! Normally you see the rainbow in a sunny sky after the rain, but this time I saw it right in the middle of a black cloud! Half of it was in the black cloud and half in sunny sky! I could see it much better in the black cloud, and it made me think about life! How neat is it that God let's us see those bright times in the middle of a dark cloud? Just look in His word at his promises and love, and you will see that He is truth! I also am learning more every day that I see God more in troubled times than I do in good times! That made me think of the sky because I could see the colors and beauty of the rainbow much better in the black cloud! He is such a wonderful God to serve! He gives us all good things to enjoy!!! Just something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment